Labels

Monday, October 25, 2010

Reflection, week 9

This week was awfully interesting for me. Going from believing that you would be part of a super-awesome three way tie to knowing that you're going to me wiped of the face of the Earth in a few moves tends to be that way. At first, I thought that loosing risk after all the negotiating that my group did was proof that liberalism is an awful and impractical idea. However, after some thought, I realized that the way the game played out was an example of when liberalism does work.

Here's my thinking:

Between day 1 and day 2, my team (green) negotiated with blue, black, and especially yellow, and things went pretty well. Red was wiped from the board and we were beginning investigate the possibility of a three- or even four-way tie. However, after day 2, my group sort of let risk fall by the wayside. We didn't talk to the other teams, causing them to assume we had nothing to offer them. Hence, decision to screw green over. So, liberalism did work. It just didn't work for me.

P.S. PTJ, if that wasn't the most epic game of diplomatic risk you've ever encountered...

No comments:

Post a Comment